The Executive Director is the key Management leader of LICI. The Director shall oversee and provide efficient and productive system of operation of LIC, manage the day to day activities and lead LICI towards realization of its mission. The Executive Director of LICI will be responsible for the following:
- Will act in good faith and promote the interest of LICI and make sure the welfare of the organization is the prime focus at all times.
- Planning, organizing and directing the organization’s activities and program based on LICI’s missions and goals.
- Designing and executing fund raising activities.
- Identifying corporate, individuals and foundation sponsors for the organization along with the Board of Directors.
- Prepares and present budgets for approval by the LICI Board of Director including those for funding or implementation of programs.
- Prepare and communicate detailed report on fund raising results and organization activities.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors on committee and other leadership positions.
- Communicate and promote the mission of LICI to external organizations and stake holders.
- Represent LICI to the public, government and other external sources.
- Oversees the duties and current officer’s activities to ensure that each officer is completing his/her task in a timely manner.
- Address situations where task are not completed by either reassigning them or completing them himself.
- Will serve as Chair of the executive leadership and preside over all meetings.
- To call officer’s meeting as deemed necessary.
- To be present at all LICI functions or assign a designated Board Director to represent him/her.
- Prepare an annual report.
- Keep accurate records of all LICI activities during his/her tenure to facilitate smooth turn over to his/her successor.
- Be the principle signatory to all accounts along with the treasury.
- Ensure that periodic comprehensive financial reports to the Board and members of the community are provided and that statements and filling required by the Internal Revenue Services and or the state of incorporation are completed and filled in a timely manner.
The Executive Director or President of LICI must have three or more years’ senior non- profit management experience and a Bachelor’s degree. Individual must also the experience and skills in working with Board of Directors and must have high level strategic thinking and planning, ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors. Individual must be transparent and possess high integrity leadership and has history of successfully generating new revenue stream and improving financial results. .